The Commandery, Sidbury, Worcestershire

The Commandery, Sidbury, Worcestershire
Photograph taken 02 September 2004 © Mrs Ann Vint LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 147087

This timber framed building dates mainly from c1500. It was originally a hospital in the 11th century. It is an historic building with rich features, including a late 15th century great hall with original glass, a Jacobean gallery and panelled screen, excellent Elizabethan staircase, and a valuable series of 15th century frescoes (wall paintings)

Location

Worcestershire Sidbury

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

hospital house hall timber framed elizabethan jacobean architecture medieval (1066 - 1484)