The Glassworks Cone, Catcliffe, South Yorkshire
This cone shaped building was built in 1740 for William Fenney. He had previously managed a nearby Glasshouse owned by his mother-in-law. Eventually the Catcliffe Glasshouse passed into the hands of Henry Blunn before its closure in 1884-1887. It then re-opened briefly in 1900. The cone is now the oldest surviving structure of its type in Western Europe and one of only four to remain in the United Kingdom.