The Guildhouse, Poundstock, Cornwall
This is an outstanding survival of a medieval guildhouse dating from the 15th century. It was originally an open hall used as a meeting place for a craft or commercial guild. The chimney stack and first floor were probably built in the early 16th century. It had various uses over time. In the Churchwardens' Accounts the building is described as the "Parish Alms House", the "Church House" and the "Poor House". In 1811 it was home to 8 poor people. In 1858 the first floor was used as a schoolroom and the ground floor was used as stables . The building was restored in 1919 by E H Sedding.