The Lighthouse, Anvil Point, Swanage, Dorset

The Lighthouse, Anvil Point, Swanage, Dorset
Photograph taken 03 June 2002 © Mr Martin Roberts. Source Historic England Archive ref: 108251

This group of buildings consists of the lighthouse itself, a residential block and stores. They are all enclosed by a Purbeck Stone wall, the outer face of which is whitewashed. They were built in 1881 by Trinity House and are largely unaltered.

Location

Dorset Swanage

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

lighthouse sea Victorian (1837 - 1901)