The Lighthouse, St Agnes, Isles of Scilly
This lighthouse was built in 1680 for Trinity House, London (the Official Lighthouse Authority). It was built by Captain Hugh Hill and Captain Simon Bayly, builders of the 1676 Lowestoft lighthouse. It was originally lit by a coal fired brazier until it was converted to revolving oil lamps in 1790. The lantern and platform were replaced in 1806 and further alterations were made in c1840. It was superseded in 1910 by the Peninnis Lighthouse on St. Mary's.