The Old Gaol, Market Hill, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire
The Old Gaol forms an important landmark in the middle of the town. It is situated at the head of Market Hill with the High Street on the other side. It was built in 1748. It has had a variety of uses but has often been only partly occupied. Parts of the building have served as police station, public conveniences (now removed) and fire station. The gaoler's house is now occupied by council offices.