The Old Grammar School, Church Lane, Horncastle, Lincolnshire

The Old Grammar School, Church Lane, Horncastle, Lincolnshire
Photograph taken 06 May 2001 © Mr John Scarbro FRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 434245

Horncastle grammar school was founded in c1329. It was refounded in 1571 by Lord Clinton as the Free Grammar School of Queen Elizabeth. It was then rebuilt on its original site in 1778. This building is that rebuilding. It was then added to in 1855 and again in the 20th century.

Location

Lincolnshire Horncastle

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

school education Medieval (1066 - 1484) Georgian (1714 - 1836)