The Old Town Hall, Devizes, Wiltshire

The Old Town Hall, Devizes, Wiltshire
Photograph taken 09 February 2006 © Mr John Burgoyne. Source Historic England Archive ref: 435450

Formerly the Cheese Hall, this building was used as a Town Hall during the building of the present Town Hall and later as depot for the militia. It was built by an architect called Lawrence in 1750-52.

Location

Wiltshire Devizes

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

architecture civic town hall Georgian (1714 - 1836)