The Pheasant Inn & Crewe's Hall, Salisbury, Wiltshire

The Pheasant Inn & Crewe's Hall, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Photograph taken 04 September 2001 © Mr Brian Harvey ARPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 446647

The Pheasant Inn was built in the 1400s, it is a 2 storeys, timber framed building with brick and plaster infilling. Crewe's Hall is on the 1st floor at the back of the Inn with access by an outer covered staircase. This room was left by Philip Crewe (a school master and the son of a shoemaker, who died in 1638) to the "Company of Schoemakers within the Cittee of Newe Sarum."

Location

Wiltshire Salisbury

Period

Tudor (1485 - 1602)

Tags

pub inn timber framed architecture hall Tudor (1485 - 1602)