The Pier, Cromer, Norfolk

The Pier, Cromer, Norfolk
Photograph taken October 1994 © Copyright Crown copyright.NMR ref: BB94/02771

The 136 metre pier officially opened on 8 June 1901. It was damaged by storms in 1949, 1953, 1976, 1978 and 1990, the last of which destroyed an amusement arcade. In 1993 the 80-tonne rig, Taykjack 1 sliced the pier in two. The pier re-opened to the public in May 1994.

Location

Norfolk Cromer

Period

1990s (1990 - 1999)

Tags

sea seaside leisure pier victorian 1990s (1990 - 1999)