The Shambles, Stockton on Tees, Stockton on Tees

The Shambles, Stockton on Tees, Stockton on Tees
Photograph taken 06 August 1999 © Mr Ray Wallace Thompson ARPS, FPSA, AIIPC. Source Historic England Archive ref: 59454

The shambles were originally built as a market hall. They were built between 1823-5. They were opened in 1825 by the Mayor, John Williamson.

Location

Stockton on Tees Stockton on Tees

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

shop market trade Georgian (1714 - 1836)