The Tithe Barn, Little Middleton, Worcestershire

The Tithe Barn, Little Middleton, Worcestershire
Photograph taken 27 February 2002 © Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive ref: 147612

Tithe Barn built in the early 14th century for the Abbey of Evesham. The tithe was an annual payment of an agreed proportion (originally one-tenth) of the yearly produce of the land. It was payable by parishioners to the parish church, to support it and its clergyman.

Location

Worcestershire Middle Littleton

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

barn rural agriculture religion Medieval (1066 - 1484)