Thetford Priory, Abbey House Grounds, Thetford, Norfolk
These are the remains of The Cluniac Priory of Our Lady of Thetford. It was founded in 1103-4 by Roger Bigod, on the south side of the river Little Ouse. It was dependent on Lewes priory until 1114. In 1114 it moved to its present site here, on the north of the river. It was closed as part of the Dissolution in 1540. It was the burial place of the earls and dukes of Norfolk for 400 years. When the priory was closed their remains were moved to Framlingham church, close to their family seat, Framlingham castle. The ruins include the gatehouse, cloisters, prior's house, lady chapel and infirmary. This property is now in the care of English Heritage (2010).