Torquay Station, Torquay, Torbay
The railway line from Newton Abbot to Torquay was built by the South Devon Railway Company in 1848. However it only reached Torre station. The line was extended to Paignton in 1859 when the Torquay Station was opened. In 1876 the South Devon Railway was taken over by the Great Western Railway (GWR). It was the GWR who built this station in 1878 to replace the 1859 station.