Town Hall and Public Library, New Road, Bideford, Devon
The back part of the Town Hall dates from 1850 and was designed by RD Gould of Barnstaple. The builder was EM White of Bideford. The front part and the library dates from 1905 and was designed by Alfred Dunn of Birmingham. It is roughly L-shaped, with Gould's town hall, containing the court room on its upper floor, facing Bridge Street and Dunn's town hall on the New Road side containing the council chamber and mayor's room on the upper floor. The library lies at the South end of the New Road frontage and is a single-storied building. Both parts are designed in early Tudor style and Dunn's work matches closely with Gould's.