Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton, Derbyshire
The town hall was built in 1887-8 and designed by W Pollard of Manchester. The roof is in a style based on the roof of a French château. A clock tower was added above the doorway that has now been demolished. The clock in the tower was given by the Duke of Devonshire's tenants in 1889 in memory of the assassination of Lord Frederick Cavendish in Dublin in 1882.