Tresco Priory, Tresco, Isles of Scilly
These are the remains of Tresco Priory. They are probably 14th century and are situated in the garden of the modern house, "Tresco Abbey". They were much rebuilt in the 19th century. They are from the Benedictine priory or cell of St Nicholas. It was established on Tresco by 1066. It was for a confederation of hermits. In 1114 it was granted to Tavistock Abbey and was for two monks. The priory was dissolved in c1538.