Vittoria House, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

Vittoria House, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Photograph taken 28 July 2002 © Mr Rodney Allen. Source Historic England Archive ref: 476175

This house was built between 1801-4 for a Henry Thompson. He lived and ran his business from here. He first dispensed Mineral Waters here in 1804 and the original Montpellier Spa started in this house. It is an important building relating to the first phase of development in the new Spa town.

Location

Gloucestershire Cheltenham

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

spa water health welfare Georgian (1714 - 1836)