Wilton Castle, Wilton Village, Redcar and Cleveland
This castellated country house was built around 1810 by Sir Robert Smirke for Sir John Lowther. It was built on the site of a 14th century castle or fortified manor house that belonged to the Bulmer family. The Lowthers owned it until it was bought by ICI in the latter days of World War Two. They used it as their offices. It has since been split up into apartments.