Wind Wheel, Punnetts Town, East Sussex

Wind Wheel, Punnetts Town, East Sussex
Photograph taken circa 1910 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: AA78/01218

This unusual wind wheel supplied power to a circular saw in Mr C Cornford's carpenter's shop. The mechanism was installed around 1909 by F Neve & Sons. It was dismantled in 1916. The workshop remained in use as a shop until the 1970s. The building is weatherboarded.

Location

East Sussex Punnetts Town

Period

Edwardian (1902 - 1913)

Tags

industry power workshop carpentry