Worcester Road, Malvern, Worcestershire

Worcester Road, Malvern, Worcestershire
Photograph taken 19 June 2001 © Mr Kenneth M Walker LRPS. Source Historic England Archive. ref: 152174

This building, originally the Royal Library, is a fine example of Georgian civic architecture with its Ionic pillars and 'bow fronted' (rounded) end. It was built c1818 by the architects Samuel and John Deykes who built serveral buildings along the Worcester Road, such as the Folly Arms Hotel and the Coburg Baths

Location

Worcestershire Malvern

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

classical library civic architecture bow Georgian (1714 - 1836)