York House, Borough Road, Middlesbrough

York House, Borough Road, Middlesbrough
Photograph taken 07 April 2002 © Mr Bob Cottrell ARPS AFIAP DPAGB. Source Historic England Archive ref: 59687

These offices were built in 1937/38 for the Joseph Constantine Shipping Co. Ltd. They were designed by Graham Dawbarn (London) and Kitching & Co (Middlesbrough), architects, in a Jacobethan style. The building is steel framed, with brick cladding and imitation stone dressings. The flat roof hidden by a parapet.