How did the Second World War change the lives of women on the Home Front?
Using primary archive evidence students will research the enquiry question: How did the Second World War change the lives of women on the Home Front?
In preparation for future GCSE topics students will gain experience in using primary sources of evidence. They will also gain a greater understanding of what life was like for women before and during the Second World War, allowing them to place the evidence in context.
Learning aims and outcomes
- Students will develop skills in interpreting sources to identify changes to women’s lives
- Students will be make inferences about the changes that women experienced
- Students will use their source analysis to create a review of the Monument to the Women in the Second World War
- No prior knowledge is required
Extended learning and useful links
- View all the images in the Medical Collection