Holy Cross, Daventry
Holy Cross, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 4BL View on map
1752-8 by David Hiorne. Good Classical design with pedimented west end. West tower and spire in form of obelisk. Rusticated ground floor. Ashlar. Nave with galleried aisles, has 7 round arched windows. Modillioned cornice, balustraded parapet. Interior of nave has Doric columns on pedestals, entablatures carrying arches and ribbed vault. Venetian east window. Heraldic glass in 2 upper west windows. Monuments: 18th and 19th century grey and white marble wall monuments in chancel, finely carved gallery monument of 1707, 1800 gallery monument by Cox, and 1741 by B Palmer. Pedimented west porch, with Doric order, rebuilt 1951.
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.