St Spyridon, St Peter's Road
St Spyridon, St Peter's Road, Great Yarmouth NR30 2NW View on map
Church built between 1831 and 1833. It was designed by the local architect J J Scoles and the first of his three churches in Yarmouth, the others being St Mary’s and St Mary’s RC church. A massive Georgian structure in pale gault brick, the distinctive form is created by the nave continuing into the chancel in line, with North and south aisles which clasp the tower. The west tower dominates, with a tall belfry stage above 4 huge architectural clock-faces. The church was declared redundant in early 1963 and taken over by the Greek Orthodox Church soon afterwards, and dedicated to St Spyridan in April 1983.
9am to 12pm most days. Please call 01493 842866 or check website for details.
1/2 mile south from Britannia Pier on Marine Drive. Turn right on roundabout in St Peter's Road. Rail: Great Yarmouth 1 mile.
On adjacent streets. Disabled parking on street directly in front of church.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes