Historic England Corporate Plan 2023-26
Our purpose at Historic England is to improve people’s lives by championing and protecting the historic environment. Through our work, collaboration, creativity and expertise we want everyone to be able to connect with and learn from our heritage.
With a focus on six priority areas, our Corporate Plan provides a framework for our work as an organisation and helps maintain a collective approach to delivering on our long-term vision.
Supported by this Plan, we will achieve a step change in each of the priority areas over the next three years and take a big leap forward on the journey towards our vision of an historic environment that everyone can connect with and learn from, and that we are proud to pass on to future generations.
To improve people’s lives by championing and protecting the historic environment.
A heritage that is valued, celebrated and shared by everyone. A historic environment that people connect with and learn from and that we are proud to pass on to future generations.
How we do things is as important as what we do and that’s where our Values come in. They inform and influence how we go about every part of our work.
- Passion We share our love of the historic environment to inspire and energise people
- Learning We listen and learn, and pass on this knowledge to others
- Collaboration We work with partners and we work together to achieve great things
- Openness We communicate in a way that’s understandable, available and useful to everyone
- Responsibility We are accountable to the public and we always act with integrity
Please download the PDF for more detail.