Church of St Hugh and attached vestry, Monks Road, Lincoln - Lincoln

City centre church constructed 1892-3 of limestone with red sandstone details by Albert Vicars. There is a history of stone failuire and the condition of masonry, particularly that of the spire, tower and pinnacles at the base of the spire is sufficiently poor to warrant inclusion on the register. Past inappropriate render repairs /re-facings are actively failing and there have been several falls of masonry. The proximity of the church to the pavement is a particular cause for concern. The parish are considering funding options for repairs.

Church of St Hugh and attached vestry, Monks Road, Lincoln - Lincoln
© Peter Rogan, Peter Rogan & Associates Ltd

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST HUGH AND ATTACHED VESTRY
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1388693
    Local Planning Authority:
    Lincoln
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Hugh and attached vestry
    Street Name:
    Monks Road
    Locality:
    Lincoln
    County:
    Lincolnshire
    District / Borough:
    Lincoln
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Lincoln
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA