Church of St Martin, Town Street, Scampston - Ryedale

Small village church from 1845 to 1846 by GT Andrews, with fittings from 1906 to 1914 by Temple Moore. The slating to the south roof slopes is deteriorating and the bellcote has been split by rusting ironwork.

Church of St Martin, Town Street, Scampston - Ryedale
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST MARTIN
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1315719
  • Local Planning Authority: Ryedale
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Martin
  • Street Name: Town Street
  • County: North Yorkshire
  • District / Borough: Ryedale
  • Parish: Scampston
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Thirsk and Malton
  • Region: Yorkshire

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

Giles Proctor 01904 601981

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England