Church of St Mary and attached walls, piers and gates, Priory Road, Hampstead NW6 - Camden

Designed by Frederick and Horace Francis in 1856 with the spire added in 1872. The church is built of Kentish ragstone with Bath stone dressings and slate roofs. Stonework repairs to the north and south transept gables and east end of the nave were carried out in 2008, grant-aided by Historic England. Repairs to the west elevation of the nave and north aisle are also complete, jointly funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Historic England. Further repairs are required to the tower and spire stonework.

Church of St Mary and attached walls, piers and gates, Priory Road, Hampstead NW6 - Camden
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ATTACHED WALLS, PIERS AND GATES
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1139083
  • Local Planning Authority: Camden
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Mary and attached walls
  • Street Name: Priory Road
  • Postcode: NW6
  • Locality: Hampstead
  • County: Greater London
  • District / Borough: Camden
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Hampstead and Kilburn
  • Region: London

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA

Contact Details

Tracey Craig 020 7973 3756

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England