Church of St Laurence, Bear Hill, Alvechurch, Alvechurch - Bromsgrove

Large parish church. Mostly rebuilt between 1860 and 1861 by W Butterfield retaining only a C15 tower which was remodelled in 1676. Badly eroded sandstone is affected by damp, especially on the north side and in the tower. Rainwater goods are in poor condition and the leaded windows are also deteriorating. The church was awarded a National Lottery Heritage Fund Grant for Places of Worship in February 2017 to fund repairs which is currently in development.

Church of St Laurence, Bear Hill, Alvechurch, Alvechurch - Bromsgrove
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1100225
    Local Planning Authority:
    Bromsgrove
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Laurence
    Street Name:
    Bear Hill
    County:
    Worcestershire
    District / Borough:
    Bromsgrove
    Parish:
    Alvechurch
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Bromsgrove
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    D
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA