Church of All Saints, Worthen with Shelve - Shropshire (UA)

This small church set below the Stiperstones was built in 1839-40 to the designs of the rector, the Revd TF More, under John Carline's supervision. It consists of a nave and chancel in one with a narrow west tower. The walls are constructed in coursed rubble stone and roofs covered by plain clay tiles. All of the cast iron rainwater goods require overhauling, realignment and/or renewal as does the surface water drainage system. Assorted minor roof repairs are also required. The cause of the water staining on the tower ceiling gallery needs to be established and the source eliminated.

Church of All Saints, Worthen with Shelve - Shropshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: Church of All Saints
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1055026
  • Local Planning Authority: Shropshire (UA)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of All Saints
  • Unitary Authority: Shropshire (UA)
  • Parish: Worthen with Shelve
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Ludlow
  • Region: West Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

John Tiernan 0121 625 6839

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England