Church of the Holy Trinity, Sankey Street, Warrington - Warrington (UA)

Town centre church of 1758 and 1862 with rusticated red sandstone on the principal street elevations of the north and east. The first floor windows are semi-circular headed with ionic pilaster surrounds. The ground floor semi-circular windows are in a Gibbs style of reticulated quoins. The east window is in a Palladian style. The interior is galleried on three sides with Corinthian columns supporting a horizontal ceiling. It is the integrity of the plaster ceiling which has suffered from water ingress and is at risk.

Church of the Holy Trinity, Sankey Street, Warrington - Warrington (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1161522
    Local Planning Authority:
    Warrington (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of the Holy Trinity
    Street Name:
    Sankey Street
    Locality:
    Warrington
    Unitary Authority:
    Warrington (UA)
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Warrington South
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA