Church of St Oswald, Church Lane, Strubby with Woodthorpe - East Lindsey

This small parish church was largely rebuilt in 1857 by Maughan and Fowler, and the chancel by Ewan Christian in 1874. The construction is banded brickwork and greenstone, there is an open timber bellcote and facetted copper spirelet. The building suffers from seasonal ground movement. The north vestry is attached to the chancel but is inadequately founded and has suffered irreversible structural movement and needs to be rebuilt. The parish are keen to effect repairs and may apply to the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Church of St Oswald, Church Lane, Strubby with Woodthorpe - East Lindsey
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST. OSWALD
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1062988
    Local Planning Authority:
    East Lindsey
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Oswald
    Street Name:
    Church Lane
    County:
    Lincolnshire
    District / Borough:
    East Lindsey
    Parish:
    Strubby with Woodthorpe
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Louth and Horncastle
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*