Church of St Leonard, Church Street, Wolverhampton - Wolverhampton, City of

This church was built in 1825 to designs by Francis Goodwin, and restored in the 1880s by Ewan Christian. It is in the neoclassical style, finished in render with round headed windows and an octagonal tower. The interior has decorative plaster ceilings and balconies. Leaking parapet gutters are affecting the render externally and the plaster internally.

Church of St Leonard, Church Street, Wolverhampton - Wolverhampton, City of
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1282492
    Local Planning Authority:
    Wolverhampton, City of
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Leonard
    Street Name:
    Church Street
    Locality:
    Wolverhampton
    County:
    West Midlands
    District / Borough:
    Wolverhampton, City of
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Wolverhampton South East
    Region:
    West Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II