Church of St Martin, Charlton Abbotts, Sudeley - Tewkesbury

Tiny parish church in a small hillside churchyard. Nave with south porch and north vestry and lower chancel all in limestone ashlar. All from an 1887 rebuild of a ruin, incorporating medieval features, except for the vestry added in 1933. Graduated limestone slate roofs which are in need of repair especially on the north side.

Church of St Martin, Charlton Abbotts, Sudeley - Tewkesbury
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St Martin
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1340100
    Local Planning Authority:
    Tewkesbury
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Martin
    Locality:
    Charlton Abbotts
    County:
    Gloucestershire
    District / Borough:
    Tewkesbury
    Parish:
    Sudeley
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Tewkesbury
    Region:
    South West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II