Church of the Holy Trinity, Trinity Street, Higher Runcorn - Halton (UA)

Large Gothic Revival style Commissioners' Church dating from 1838, with a chancel of 1867 by local architect, J Hartley. The parapet conceals a moderately pitched roof and there are some minor flower carvings as exterior decoration. The tower has pyramid pinnacles and a crenellated parapet. Internal balcony on cast iron columns. There is a need to undertake repairs to the cracking in the north east corner following grant support from a Listed Places of Worship Roof Repairs Grant.

Church of the Holy Trinity, Trinity Street, Higher Runcorn - Halton (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1130441
  • Local Planning Authority: Halton (UA)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
  • Street Name: Trinity Street
  • Locality: Higher Runcorn
  • Unitary Authority: Halton (UA)
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Halton
  • Region: North West

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

Peter Barlow 0161 242 1428

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England