CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130441

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130441 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 00:12:06.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Halton (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 51614 83058

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 58 SW FORMER RUNCORN U.D. TRINITY STREET 5/103 Church of the Holy Trinity

GV II

Parish Church 1838 by Joseph Hartley of Runcorn with chancel added 1857. Red Sandstone with slate roof of the Commissioners Lancet type. Rectangular five bay nave with west tower, the later short chancel is narrower and less lofty. The main gothic entrance door, in the tower, is flanked by shafts and surmounted by a label with hall flower stops, above are three lancets with cast iron diamond lattice windows and at bell stage there are paired louvred lancets to three faces. The tower has stop chamfered piers to the quoins,which reduce in size at bell stage, these are topped by pyramid pinnacles and there is a crenellated parapet. The nave has projecting plinth, twice reducing buttresses, between each pair of lancets, and solid eaves parapet. There is stained glass in the treble lancet group of the chancel and the choir windows, all others are cast iron lattice. Interior: Marble reredos, free standing Oak altar with matching rail, choir stalls with poppyheads, Oak-pulpit with stone base. The timber gallery at the West end is supported on round cast iron columns. Roof has 5, three post strutted trusses with cusps, exposed purlins and plastered raking ceiling. Wall mounted stone war memorial.

Listing NGR: SJ5161483058

This List entry has been amended to add the source for War Memorials Register. This source was not used in the compilation of this List entry but is added here as a guide for further reading, 30 October 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 56041

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Websites
War Memorials Register, accessed 30 October 2017 from http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/52339

End of official listing