Church of the Holy Trinity, Dean Street, Blackpool - Blackpool (UA)

Constructed in 1878 and 1894-5 to the designs of R K Freeman. East end and transepts built first as extensions to an existing church. The high nave and five stage tower were added in the later phase. There is significant stained glass by Shrigley and Hunt in the south transept. High level inspection in 2015 found issues with high level masonry on the tower.

Church of the Holy Trinity, Dean Street, Blackpool - Blackpool (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1072008
  • Local Planning Authority: Blackpool (UA)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
  • Street Name: Dean Street
  • Locality: Blackpool
  • Unitary Authority: Blackpool (UA)
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Blackpool South
  • Region: North West

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

Tim Wilkins 0161 242 1419

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England