CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072008

Date first listed: 20-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, DEAN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072008 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 03:55:24.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, DEAN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Blackpool (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 30732 33848

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 33 SW BLACKPOOL DEAN STREET

3/8 Church of the Holy Trinity

II

Church, 1878 and 1894-5, by R.K. Freeman: the east end with transepts was built first, as extension to east end of original 1836 church. Yellow stone with red stone dressings and slate roofs. Nave and chancel under one roof, north-west tower and transepts. In a free style of Decorated Gothic. Tower of 5 stages with light angle-buttresses and triplets of 2-light belfry louvres, battlemented parapet, and canted stair turret to the 3rd stage with pyramidal roof of red tiles. Very high nave with transepts of two gables. West front has angle-buttresses, a large traceried window, and blind arcading in the gable. Nave of 3 bays has pilaster buttresses and transomed 2-light windows, and transepts have very high 4-light windows with curvilinear travery in the heads. Interior: a single vessel as far as the chancel arch, with a very high nave arcade (without capitals) passing across the transepts, and separated from the outer walls by small strainer arches which define aisle-passages, and short tunnel cross-vaults. Pointed wooden tunnel roof with ornate hammerbeams in the form of angels. Good stained glass windows to south transept by Shrigley and Hunt of Lancaster.

Listing NGR: SD3073233848

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183665

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing