Church of the Holy Trinity with St Barnabas, Clarence Way NW1 - Camden

Built in 1849-50 in a C14 Gothic style to the design of Thomas H Wyatt and David Brandon. The building was bomb damaged during World War II. The tower roof was re-covered and the roofs re-slated with a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund and Historic England. The church was awarded a subsequent grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund for repairs to the tower stonework and this was completed in summer 2015. The western end of the south aisle has suffered from structural movement and in part there is shoring in place externally and scaffolding internally.

Church of the Holy Trinity with St Barnabas, Clarence Way NW1 - Camden
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY WITH ST BARNABAS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1356761
    Local Planning Authority:
    Camden
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of the Holy Trinity with St Barnabas
    Street Name:
    Clarence Way
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Camden
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Holborn and St. Pancras
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II