CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY WITH ST BARNABAS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356761

Date first listed: 14-May-1974

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY WITH ST BARNABAS, CLARENCE WAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY WITH ST BARNABAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356761 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 13:50:34.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY WITH ST BARNABAS, CLARENCE WAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 28739 84432

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2884SE CLARENCE WAY 798-1/65/261 (North side) 14/05/74 Church of the Holy Trinity with St Barnabas

II

Church. 1849-50. By TH Wyatt and D Brandon, restored c1950. Kentish ragstone rubble with Bath stone dressings. Pitched slated roofs. Gothic style of C14. Nave of 4 bays, south aisle, chancel and western tower (spire removed). Tower with pointed arch main entrance, diagonal buttresses to belfry level, blind arcading and gargoyles at angles below the crenellated parapet. In right hand angle between tower and nave, a staircase turret with conical roof. South aisle porch removed and entrance blocked as is western window. Gabled east end with 5-light traceried window. INTERIOR: not inspected but noted to retain tripartite chancel arch. (Survey of London: Vol. XXIV, King's Cross Neighbourhood, Parish of St Pancras IV: London: -1952: 140).



Listing NGR: TQ2873984432

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 476990

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Survey of London' in Survey of London - Kings Cross neighbourhood The Parish of St Pancras Part 4: Volume 24 , (1951), 140

End of official listing