Church of St Mark, Hamilton Terrace, Paddington NW8 - Westminster, City of

Gothic church dating from 1846-7 by Thomas Cundy Senior with spire by Thomas Cundy Junior and chancel in 1878 by EB Ferrey. It has slate covered pitched roofs and Kentish ragstone walling with ashlar dressings. The nave roof was re-slated in 2013, with funding from Historic England and the National Lottery Heritage Fund. A further grant was awarded towards masonry repairs to the tower and spire; these works were completed in 2017. The nave parapets, the chancel roof and the baptistry remain in poor condition.

Church of St Mark, Hamilton Terrace, Paddington NW8 - Westminster, City of
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST MARK
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1066681
    Local Planning Authority:
    Westminster, City of
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Mark
    Street Name:
    Hamilton Terrace
    Locality:
    Paddington
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Westminster, City of
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Westminster North
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA