CHURCH OF ST MARK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1066681
Date first listed:
05-Feb-1981
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARK, HAMILTON TERRACE NW8

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1066681 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 14:35:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARK, HAMILTON TERRACE NW8

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
City of Westminster (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 26174 83036

Details

TQ 2682 SW CITY OF WESTMINSTER HAMILTON TERRACE , NW8 11/52 (east side) 5-2-81 Church of St Mark GV II* Church. 1846-7. Thomas Cundy Senior. Tower and spire completed by Thomas Cundy Junior, 1864. Chancel of 1877-8 by E.B. Ferrey. Decorated Gothic style. Ragstone, ashlar dressings. Very wide aisleless 5-bay nave, lower chancel; 3 stage western tower with recessed breach spire and entrance under; south west porch. 2-light windows to nave with flowing tracery. Parapet and crocketed pinnacles. Interior with galleries to north, south and west supported in cast iron columns with traceried beams and fretwork to fronts. 5-light east window. Rich marble cladding and painted roof to chancel. Much stained glass by Clayton and Bell, Kempe and Towers, etc.

Listing NGR: TQ2617483036

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
210030
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01060/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Fay Sweet. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].