Church of St Leonard, Vicarage Lane, Priors Marston - Stratford-on-Avon

Late C13 origins although the aisle was enlarged in C14. The tower was remodelled or rebuilt in the 1720s and the chancel in 1863. The walls are built in ironstone, with limestone dressing, coursed rubble and tiled roofs. The stonework on the tower parapet is in very poor condition because of expanding metal cramps dislodging the stonework and this is now loose. The tracery to the tower windows also needs replacing as it has fallen in parts. The church is exploring funding to carry out repairs.

Church of St Leonard, Vicarage Lane, Priors Marston - Stratford-on-Avon
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1374950
  • Local Planning Authority: Stratford-on-Avon
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Leonard
  • Street Name: Vicarage Lane
  • County: Warwickshire
  • District / Borough: Stratford-on-Avon
  • Parish: Priors Marston
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Kenilworth and Southam
  • Region: West Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA

Contact Details

Cristina Gardiner 0121 625 6850

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England