Church of St Giles, Farlow - Shropshire (UA)

The church of St Giles was built in 1857-8 and consists of a nave with a west end bell-cote and a south side porch and a lower chancel with a north side vestry. With the exception of the south side of the nave, all other roof slopes are failing; underlying plaster infill ceiling panels to the exposed roof structures are also known to be unstable. Rainwater goods require increased capacity together with a new surface water drainage system. Works to re-lay the north slope of the nave roof and undertake assorted improvements to the rainwater goods are planned to be completed by the end of 2019.

Church of St Giles, Farlow - Shropshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St Giles
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1188651
    Local Planning Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Giles
    Unitary Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Parish:
    Farlow
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Ludlow
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II