The Gallery at Doughty House, 142, Richmond Hill, Richmond - Richmond upon Thames

Gallery built 1880 for Sir Francis Cook, extended 1915 by Brewer Smith, comprising eleven bays in giant Ionic order with balustrade, the lower order containing door and window openings between Doric pilasters. Works are needed to the roof, balustrade and rainwater goods. Work to convert the gallery to ancillary accommodation to the main house, along with re-instating Doughty Cottage as a link between the house and gallery had stalled due to access issues. These have now been resolved and the Local Authority is in discussion with the owner to ensure that works can now be completed.

The Gallery at Doughty House, 142, Richmond Hill, Richmond - Richmond upon Thames
© London Borough of Richmond on Thames

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: THE GALLERY AT NUMBER 142 DOUGHTY HOUSE
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1387232
  • Local Planning Authority: Richmond upon Thames
  • Site Type: Domestic > Residential building

Location

  • Building Name: The Gallery at Doughty House
  • Street Number: 142
  • Street Name: Richmond Hill
  • Locality: Richmond
  • County: Greater London
  • District / Borough: Richmond upon Thames
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Richmond Park
  • Region: London

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Building or structure
  • Condition: Poor
  • Occupancy / Use: Vacant/not in use
  • Priority: D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
  • Previous Priority: D
  • Ownership: Private
  • Designation: Listed Building grade II, CA

Contact Details

Nicolette Duckham (LPA) 020 8891 7335

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England