Biddulph Old Hall, Biddulph - Staffordshire Moorlands

Substantial remains of a mansion constructed in the 1580s for Francis Biddulph. It came under siege by the Parliamentarians in 1643 when the east range was destroyed and the house fired. The tower was repaired with the aid of Historic England grant funding. Historic England continues to work with the owners to inform the management and future consolidation of the monument.

Biddulph Old Hall, Biddulph - Staffordshire Moorlands
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    A 16th century mansion and garden remains at Biddulph Old Hall
    Heritage Category:
    Scheduled Monument
    List Entry Number:
    1014688
    Local Planning Authority:
    Staffordshire Moorlands
    Site Type:
    Domestic > Country house

Location

    Building Name:
    Biddulph Old Hall
    County:
    Staffordshire
    District / Borough:
    Staffordshire Moorlands
    Parish:
    Biddulph
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Staffordshire Moorlands
    Region:
    West Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Fair
    Occupancy / Use:
    Occupied/in use
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Private