Guidance for Tendered Projects
Heritage Protection Commissions and Capacity Building Programme
This guide will help you through the process of tendering for work from Historic England through the Heritage Protection Commissions and Capacity Building Programme. It is written for those considering submitting a tender. It will provide you with information on how to prepare your submission, the approval process and the management of your project to its conclusion.
This updates our Guidance for Tendered projects published in 2022.
It is one of two guidance documents to assist in the preparation of an application for grant funding or a tender for projects where Historic England has issued a project brief. The other document is Guidance for Grants Projects which covers:
- Grants requests and processes
- Editorial work
- Publication grants
- Storage grants
- Digital Storage grants
- National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) assistance cases
- Research Council applications
1. Where to find contract opportunities
2. Preparing your project design
3. Tender assessments, contract award and carrying out the project
4. Completing the project
5. Digital archiving
6. Online access to OASIS
7. Data Management Plans and Statements
8. Research ethics
9. Climate Change
10. Modern Slavery
11. Equality and diversity
12. Complaints Procedure
Appendix 1 - Application Documentation
Appendix 2 - Progress Documentation
Appendix 3 - Accessibility
Changes to guidance
- Introduction section
- six corporate priorities from Corporate plan 23-26 added.
- Section 2.12 Inflation and VAT
- Information on VAT updated and made clearer.
- Inflation rate for 23/24 removed.
- Section 8 added on Research Ethics.
- Appendix 1
- UK Educational Institution ID added to Project Design control grid
- Research Ethics section and policy details section added into suggested format of PD template.
- Appendix 2
- Research Ethics questions added to closure report template.
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 37
- Product Code: HEAG068
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Email: [email protected]