Traversing the Past
The total station theodolite in archaeological landscape survey
General guidance on the TST and its role in recording archaeological excavations and in surveying historic buildings is available elsewhere (Bettess 1998; Menuge 2006; Andrews et al 2009; 2010). In this paper these topics are only covered in principle.
- Setting up a TST
- Case Study 1: West Kennet Long Barrow, Wiltshire
- Case Study 2: Wandlebury, Cambridgeshire
- Case Study 3: Stonehenge, Wiltshire
- Accuracy and precision
- Divorced and map-based survey
- Case Study 4: Little Doward, Herefordshire
- Practical applications
- Data collection and software
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 58
- Product Code: HEAG062
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Also of interest...
How to survey historic places to the best standard possible, using our wide-ranging technical survey guidance.