The Value of Maintenance?
APEC Architects were commissioned by Historic England to undertake an analysis of a sample of Quinquennial Inspection reports and evaluate the estimated repair liability and the value of maintenance and minor repair to these buildings.
The three key questions explored for a sample of 30 listed churches were:
- What is the current estimated repair cost for necessary capital works on this sample of historic places of worship?
- What would have been the cost of timely maintenance and minor ‘stitch in time’ type repairs if they had been done when identified in the fabric report/s as being necessary?
- Would prompt attention to maintenance and repair issues have prevented or slowed down the development of major repair needs or are some of these the result of material, structural or design failures and could not have been managed or averted by maintenance?
- Executive summary
- Project Methodology
- Conclusions by building element
- Comparison of churches by category
- The value of maintenance
- Other observations
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 46
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Email: [email protected]